Signs To Replace Smartphone Battery Immediately
The following are signs or characteristics of a smartphone battery that must be replaced. If there are one or more of the following signs, then you should replace the battery immediately to avoid further damage.
Batteries are the power source for various types of electronic devices, and smartphones are no exception. If there is no battery, the smartphone will not be able to be operated properly. To save battery on a smartphone, you can check the previous post (How to Save Battery on Android Phone). However, if your smartphone battery has been damaged in hardware, these methods probably won't be able to help you much. Battery damage in hardware, can be triggered by several factors and our habits when using the smartphone. Some of the causes of battery damage in hardware include:
- Exhausted battery capacity: Keep in mind that smartphone batteries have a limited lifespan. After a certain period of usage (usually around 2 years), the battery capacity will start to decrease. Therefore, if you're past that point, you may find that you're using up your battery, but that's normal.
- Charging the battery too often: If you charge your battery too often, it can damage the electrochemical cells inside the battery. This will shorten the life of the battery and damage the battery completely. The best time to charge your battery is when it is below 20 percent.
- Overcharging: When a smartphone battery continues to be charged even when it is full, the energy entering the battery cannot be stored, resulting in the battery becoming overcharged and starting to heat up. This overcharge makes the battery discharge electric current to the surroundings and can damage the battery, ranging from decreased battery life, decreased battery capacity, to shortening the overall life of the battery.
- Excessive usage: Using your smartphone continuously for long periods of time, especially with heavy apps and games, can also shorten battery life.
- Improper charging: Improper charging may cause damage to the battery. Therefore, make sure to use a good original charger that is not broken. Because if an unsuitable or overpowered charger is used, the battery may overcharge and cause damage to the battery cells.
- Exposure to extreme temperatures: Smartphone batteries can be damaged by exposure to extreme temperatures both hot and cold. This is because batteries are made up of electrochemical cells that can be damaged if they are too hot or too cold. Extreme temperatures can affect the chemical reactions in the battery and can reduce the overall battery life.
- Using a smartphone case: Using a smartphone case can block or close the space for air circulation. So that the heat from the smartphone will not be able to be released because it is closed and results in damage to the components inside the smartphone due to heat, one of which is the battery.
Below are the characteristics of a hardware-damaged battery. If you experience one or more of these characteristics, it is better to replace your smartphone battery immediately. Keep in mind that when replacing a smartphone battery, make sure that the new battery is high quality and comes from an authorized manufacturer. Also, to perform a battery replacement, it is better to be performed or accompanied by an experienced technician to ensure the safety and performance of the device. Here is the list:
- Swollen or physically damaged battery: If the battery looks swollen or there is physical damage to the battery, it could be a sign that it needs to be replaced as soon as possible to prevent further damage. Apart from damaging the body of the smartphone, a swollen battery can also damage the screen as it can press on the screen from the inside. Swollen batteries also have the potential to explode, especially if they are frequently charged and overheat when charged.
- Battery capacity decreases drastically: If the battery capacity of your smartphone has drastically decreased, then you will be charging the battery more often than usual. When this happens, it could be a sign that the battery is due for replacement.
- Battery drains quickly: One of the other signs to replace the smartphone battery is, when the smartphone feels wasteful or drains quickly when not using heavy applications even just in idle condition.
- Smartphones often turn off suddenly: If your smartphone often shuts down when it still has a fairly high battery percentage, it could be a sign that the battery is already need to be replaced. The sudden death of the smartphone is caused by the battery being unable to provide power for the opened application, which is usually a heavy application such as a game or even a camera. If the heavy application or camera can run normally when the smartphone is charged, then it can be confirmed that the sudden death of the smartphone is due to battery problems. When this happens, it is better to immediately replace the battery, because the sudden death problem can damage other components of the smartphone.
- Smartphone feels hot during operation: When a smartphone frequently becomes very hot when used, even for short periods of time, then it could be a sign that the battery is due for replacement.
- Difficult to fully charge: When the smartphone battery charge feels slow, or even very difficult to fully charge, then it could be a sign that the battery is due for replacement.