Make Your Life Better and Easier Using IoT
IoT (Internet of Things), smart device smart device with various advantages will change your life to be easier. Check out some IoT devices to improve your quality of life.
The world of technology, in addition to developing quickly, its also usually has a big impact. One of them is the internet. The Internet can connect many people into a massive network of information and resources. This will allow them to communicate through email, instant messaging, and video conferencing
as well as he ability to gather various information such as news, research, and entertainment via websites and social media platforms. The internet also facilitates the exchange of digital products and services like e-commerce, online banking and mobile banking, e-wallets and many more. It also enables connectivity and control of IoT devices, which in turn leads to automation and remote monitoring of different systems.
IoT or Internet of Things stands for any device that consists of hardware, sensors, AI (Artificial Intelligence) and ML (Machine Learning) programming (software), data analysis capability, and can communicate with the internet which will enables these objects to collect and exchange data. This data can then be used to improve efficiency, safety, and overall quality of life. IoT can replace humans to do various repetitive tasks or even better. There are several advantages of using IoT devices, some of them are given below.
- It provides good automation and control,
- more efficient electricity usage, which will allow less electricity costs
- IoT promotes communication and interaction between devices, also known as machine-to-machine interaction,
- IoT has a powerful monitoring capability,
- It saves a lot of time by reducing manual task and time,
- Improve overall quality of life if organized properly.
These days, popular IoT devices are smart homes and wearables. A smart home is a residence that equipped with internet-connected devices and automation systems that allow the householder to control and monitor various elements of home such as lighting, temperature, security, and appliances. These systems can be managed through a smartphone, tablet or by giving voice commands. A smart home usually has:
- A Home Voice Controller, this is a smart IoT device which allows a user to listen to media, set an alarm, lights, thermostats, control the volume and much more functions just by giving a voice command.
- Smart TV, type of television that has built-in internet connectivity and software, allowing it to access a wide range of online content like streaming services, web browsing, and social media. A smart TVs usually come with a built-in OS (Operating System) such as Android TV, Tizen, or webOS, which allows users to access and navigate through the various features and apps. Some of them have voice control capabilities directly from the tv or from the remote which will allow users to navigate and execute commands using voice commands.
- Smart Doorbell, it will allow you to answer your door from anywhere or remote location. It also constantly checks your doors and also captures motion changes in your doorstep and has a motion alert.
- Smart Lock, some of a reliable security IoT device. It allows the user to manage their doors from any location, so that you will no longer worry or forget about not locking the door. It helps the user to keep thieves away and family in your home. It also provides unlimited digital keys and no fear of stolen key (some hotels are using this device too)
- Smart Lights, famous IoT device, a light bulb whose brightness and color can be adjusted at your will. This will allow users to create the right ambiance for every moment.
- Smart Thermostats, helps to control the home’s temperature (both cooling or warm the room). Some of it can adapts according user’s activities and manages room the temperature automatically based on their routine.
- Smart Plug, a device that can turn other electronics that connected to it feels like a smart device as well. This device can turn appliances on/off, and provides the ability to monitor them from anywhere remotely.
- Air Quality Monitor, this device helps in measuring indoor pollution, improved air quality in houses, workplace, or other indoor public spaces. This device also keeps the humidity and temperature levels in check and helps to develop more focus and energy by breathing fresh air
- Meanwhile, wearables IoT refers to internet-connected devices that can be worn on the user’s body. The main purpose of wearable devices is to gather and transmit information such as fitness and health stats, location, and communication through the internet. Most popular wearables are:
- Smartwatches, a device that can be worn on the wrist, display notifications, send and receive text messages, and track fitness activities. It allows the user to access and interact with their phone without having to take it out of their pocket or bag.
- Smartbands, similar to a watch or fitness tracker, but it designed to be worn all day and night
- Smart glasses, wearable devices that can be worn on the face, display information, take photos and videos, and provide augmented reality experiences.
Photo by Jorge Ramirez on Unsplash